Posted by https://dialaskitchen.com/2018/05/07/the-best-coconut-flan/
© 2018 Diala's Kitchen. All rights reserved.
1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 can Coconut Milk, full fat
- 1 can Evaporated milk
- 1 can Condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Rum
- Heat oven to 325 F
- Pour 1 cup of sugar in a frying pan over medium heat. Constantly stir the sugar with a wooden spoon while it heats, until the sugar browns and turns into caramel. It should have a golden brown colour to it.
- Immediately pour the caramel into an 8 inch round baking dish. Tilting the dish as you pour so that the caramel coats the bottom and sides of the baking dish.Work quickly as the caramel will cool and harden.
- In an electric mixer or with a whisk, blend the eggs together. Add the 3 milks, vanilla and rum.
- Pour the custard mixture into the caramel lined baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in a large glass, ceramic or metal baking pan. Pour hot water in the baking pan, around the baking dish to a depth of about 2 inches.
- Bake the flan for 50 minutes in the water bath. Check in with a knife inserted in the middle of the flan; if the knife comes out clean, the flan is ready.
- Remove the large baking dish from the oven and carefully lift the baking dish out of the water bath. Place the baking dish on a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Then place in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Place the baking dish in a baking sheet, pour hot water into the sheet and let the baking dish stand for 3 minutes.
- To serve invert the flan onto a plate, allowing the flan to drop out and the caramel sauce to flow over the custard. Enjoy a slice with a tablespoon of Dulce de leche and whipped cream.
Loading nutrition data...