Posted by https://dialaskitchen.com/2018/09/23/coffee-cake-with-spiced-cinnamon-glaze/
© 2018 Diala's Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Coffee cake with Spiced Cinnamon Glaze
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
For the streusel
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the glaze
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons freshly brewed Melitta Traditional medium roast
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F with a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Spray the inside of a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stickspray or grease with butter. Set aside
- Using a hand held or stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium high speed until smooth and creamy- about two minutes- Scrape down the sides and and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium high speed until combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, incorporate the dry ingredients in three additions, alternating with the buttermilk and mixing each addition until combined. Do not over mix, the batter will be slightly thick.
- To make the streusel, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork until the mixture is uniformly moistened and crumbs form. Set aside.
- Pour half of the batter evenly into the bundt pan. Spoon the streusel on top and cover with the rest of the batter. Swirl the batter with a knife. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- If you see that the top of the cake is browning quickly, cover the cake slightly with aluminum foil.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes inside the pan. Invert the slightly cooled cake onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the icing sugar with the cinnamon, vanilla, coffee and butter until smooth. Drizzle over cake, slice and enjoy.
Loading nutrition data...