Posted by https://dialaskitchen.com/2019/02/12/chocolate-pots-de-creme/
© 2019 Diala's Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Pots de Crème
- 8 ounces (225g) Milk Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped or 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Put the chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat the cream, milk, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. When it begins to simmer, remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Stir gingerly with a whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, then whisk in the sugar. Gradually add the melted chocolate mixture while constantly whisking until well- blended.
- Strain the mixture into a large measuring cup or another bowl.
- Place 6 ramekins, custard cups or small glass jars a baking dish or roasting pan. Divide the custard amongst the ramekins. Add boiling water to the baking dish until it reaches halfway up the outside of the ramekins.
- Cover tightly with foil and carefully place the baking dish in the oven.
- Bake until the custards are set around the edges but still slightly soft and jiggly if you nudge them, about 30 to 35 minutes. Make sure you check them before as ovens can vary.
- Remove the pan of pots de crème from the oven, and carefully lift off the foil.
- As soon as the pots de crème are cool enough to handle, remove them from the hot water and place them on a cooling rack.
- The Pots de crème can be enjoyed at room temperature, but I prefer to let them rest in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Loading nutrition data...