Posted by https://dialaskitchen.com/2019/02/14/seafood-pasta-with-arrabiata-sauce/
© 2019 Diala's Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Seafood pasta with Arrabiata Sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced (2 for the pasta sauce/2 for the seafood)
- 1 can (796 mL) pressed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley +more for serving
- 400 gr fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 medium size scallops
- 300 gr fettuccine- for this recipe I used fresh -not dried pasta
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic (previously minced) to the pan and cook for 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- Pour the pressed tomatoes and add the salt, chili flakes, sugar and parsley. Cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil, add 1 garlic glove (previously minced) and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add the shrimp and cook on one side until golden. Repeat with the other side. Once the shrimp is cooked, set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly and sear the scallops until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate.
- In a large pot filled with boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente (for fresh pasta it only takes 4 minutes and for dry pasta, up to 11 minutes) Once ready, drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Return the fettuccine to the pot, add the sauce, reserved pasta water and the shrimp. Fold the ingredients until mixed together.
- Cook for 2 minutes at medium low heat and serve topping each plate, with 3 to 4 scallops. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, parsley and enjoy!!
Loading nutrition data...