Posted by https://dialaskitchen.com/2019/11/27/baked-rigatoni-with-arrabbiata-sauce-and-friulano/
© 2019 Diala's Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Baked Rigatoni with Arrabbiata Sauce and Friulano
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F
- Add the olive oil to a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook the onion until translucent, about 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic, and cook for a minute, stirring constantly, until the garlic is golden.
- Add the chili flakes, dried oregano, parsley and basil and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then reduce to medium low and cook for another 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot filled with salted water, cook the rigatoni until al dente, about 9-10 minutes.
- Once ready, drain the pasta water, setting aside 1/2 cup of the water. Add the rigatoni to the same pot where it was cooked and pour the sauce on top of the pasta. Fold in the sauce, until the pasta is fully coated.
- Transfer half of the pasta to a large baking dish and top with the grated Friulano. Top with the rest of the pasta, and lay the sliced Friulano on top of the pasta. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Carefully, remove the foil and set the oven to broil.
- Broil for a minute until the Friulano is bubbly and slightly golden.
- Place the dish on top of a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving, and top with basil.
Loading nutrition data...